Start Here: Popular Post of the Week!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Popeye eats spinach

Happy Monday! Our weekend was fabulous… I spent time at a Free Cross Fit class Saturday morning. It's was not easy, but reminds me of the movie SWAT. Which lead me to another tangent of how they're just actors in the movie and, anyway, tangents are kind of a forte for me. We also spent some time at a local park playing with Eli. There was a huge storm here a week ago so the basketball courts were covered in dried mud (AKA dirt). Eli had a lot of fun in the wide open spaces and we did too. This apartment dweller stuff is tough, especially tough with a little kid who just wants to run around outside.

Like most weekends, I ate less healthy. In future weekends, I am making a goal of eating more spinach. It's a little thing, but baby steps are the best steps. :)
Some things I know:
-Greener vegetables are better for you and have more nutrients
-Leafy greens have iron
-Spinach will make you strong, like Popeye!

I like spinach with a sweet dressing (which have sugar and therefore could be counteracting the healthiness of spinach). 

But WAIT, I like spinach better in this green machine smoothie

hand full of spinach
half banana
half scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 C-1 C unsweetened almond milk
3-5 ice cubes

I drink that smoothie as a "reward" for working out. It also cancels out any calories I juuuuuust worked off. Oh well. At least it's a good workout and a delicious reward!

I have a lot to learn about healthy habits… dang it!!
post signature
photo from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/deletecombine-pages-3/superman-vs-popeye-704915/

No comments:

01 09 10